The Dark Playground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our little section of the world. We hope you're prepared for what we have in store.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunters or hunted

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 4:00 pm

Jeff nodded at his friend.

Jeff walked up to his room, not bothering to turn on the lights of his house. He didn't really want to have a last look of this place. He never cared for the place.
Pushing on his door, it swung open. This room was probably the only thing he half cared about. At least the items in it. Jeff glanced at the bag at the foot of his bed. He pulled it into the hallway and let it dump on the floor, all his school supplies that he never uses, spilled into the hallway.

Walking back in his room, he began pulling all his clothes out of the drawers and stuffed them in the bag. He decided to try to stuff his PS3 into the bag, not knowing when he'd be able to use it and plug it in but he might as well. His knife was with him, any clothes packed. He didn't have books, or any money. Not much else to get.
He just kinda shrugged, not that surprised.

Jeff was on his way back down the stairs when he stepped besides his fathers chair. It sat in the living room and was one of the only dust free area. His eyes slowly wandered to the large, full, and particularly wet garbage bin.

Leaving the house slightly satisfied, he made his way down the two streets to his friends house. The first thing he saw was the door was off it's hinges. He had better go through the house quickly before someone called the cops.
Jeff knew where his friends clothes and he even found some of his friends knives. Much better collection then him. He did the same thing he did with his bag and dumped it out in the hallway to make room for his friends positions.
Dragging the two bags outside he waited out on the street for his friend to pick him up.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 4:43 pm

The drive back to his house was in silence much like the drive to burn Annabel's body. Finally he pulled in front of his house as he looked at the front door and saw the door hanging off it's hinges. He couldn't remember when it had been destroyed nor did he care when he thought. The one thing that would be burned into the back of his mind until he died would be the Annabel's face before it was covered with the sheet and become nothing more than a nameless shape.

"You ready to go?" asked the man as he reached across the vehicle to open the passenger door.

Back to top Go down
https://thedarkplayground.rpg-board.net
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:59 am

Jeff gripped the handle of the door and lifted himself into the car. Two bags were dropped on the ground in front of the seat, leaving little room for his feet, so he just propped them on top of his own bag.

"Yeah, I'm sure I got everything from your house. But you know, there isn't really food so we'll have to find that later."
He just kinda shrugged. Jeff glanced up at his friend from his half hunched position as he was moving the bags around.
"So.." He didn't know where to start. "You ok man?"
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 3:11 pm

As soon as Jeff got into the van, Gunnar pushed the accelerator down sending the vehicle forward. "Food shouldn't be an issue. We can always steal what we need." spoke the man as he turned down a road that would lead to the main road and to the hotel Heartlock told me about.

Hearing his friends next question, he glanced at him for a second before turning his attention back to the road. "My girlfriend was just killed by something that shouldn't exist and now we're running off to hunt them down. How do you think I am?" asked the man.

He was hurting inside and he knew his friend would understand. Or at least he hoped he would. Finally after they hit the main road it was a straight shot to the hotel. Seeing the car that Heartlock was driving sitting in the parking lot, Gunnar pulled up next to it and put the vehicle in park.

"Sorry, man. Hell of a birthday." mumbled in the man in an attempted apology for his hostility.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 7:29 am

Jeff eyed his friend and just kinda nodded a bit at him snapping. Jeff started gnawing on his cheek knowing to leave his friend alone a bit. He wasn't exactly wrong in his words either.

The hotel was... well to put it bluntly, kinda a piece of shit. The sign looked like the neon was dying, and a few shingles on the roof seemed to be missing. Jeff spied a sign that showed the price of the place.
It charged by the hour. He knew exactly what that meant.

His attention was drawn back to his friend quickly when he spoke. "Well nah it's ok. I mean, that was truth so. It's not like I expected any other answer."
He made a soft waving motion with his hand, as if brushing off the conversation.
Jeff looked out the window at the car they had stopped at. "Do you see heartlock? His car is here but the fuckers not in it."
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Turning the vehicle off and pulled the keys from the ignition before glancing at Jeff. "Thank you, brother. Really. We gotta stick together from here on." spoke the man while he pulled a cigarette from his pocket, offering one to Jeff.

In his current state, he forgot that Jeff didn't smoke and was used to offering one to Bel or one of his other friends in the scene he ran with. "No. That bastard said to meet him here. Maybe he's inside?" asked the man before laying on the horn for a few seconds. If he was in there, no doubt he would exit to chastise them for being stupid or some such nonsense.

"This place is a fucking shithole." commented Gunnar.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:32 am

Jeff decided to take the cigarette anyway. He still liked the smell of them, even if he didn't smoke. Not it wasn't really that he had anything against smoking, just that Jeff was, as easy as it was to get him angry, never felt "stress" or at least what people describe it as. So he never felt the need to unwind with one.

"Ok, could be." Jeff rolled down the window on his side and stuck his head out, sitting on the window hole of the door.
"Or." Jeff said loud enough for his voice to be heard in the car. "He's across the street."

Across the street, just as Jeff said, the teacher was waiting for the cars to slow down for him to cross.
What he had with him though was slightly worrying.
A car of groceries, but they weren't food, or at least not all of it. Jeff saw that teacher had salt, at least 2 large bags, and some rolled up wire, spray paint, and a little black bag. Jeff knew that inside where bullets. A store near his place sells them in the bags.
That or it's jewelry.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Turning his gaze across the street, he saw Heartlock with the cart full of items. "Well isn't he just sly as fuck?" mumbled the man through a cloud of exhaled smoke.

"Think we should help him out?" asked Gunnar as he took another long drag of the cigarette, exhaling the smoke through his nose. He wasn't exactly sure that running with Heartlock was going to help them, but for some reason he knew the man would teach them what they needed to know in order to hunt down demons.

"Is that ammo in those bags?" asked the man as he squinted a bit. He knew that Jeff spent more time haunting the stores around town than he did, so he was sure to know.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Jeff looks at how much stuff the man bought.
"He must have been here for a while, enough to get all that in the store and get out."

Jeff gave a half laugh. He forgot he had the cigaret in his hand, and stuffed it in his pocket. "Nah. We'll just help him unload when he gets here." He watched the man, obviously annoyed at all the traffic. Some sort of killer of demons or not, he was still a old man. Or, old by Jeff's standards.

"Possibly." Jeff confirmed. "Either that or it's tiffany's jewelry." It was a shitty joke but the only one he had.
"I have no idea what type. They have different bags for different type but I never bought any." He shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 4:20 pm

"Fair point." replied the man as he took another drag of his smoke before rolling up his window and stepping out of the vehicle to wait for Heartlock to arrive.

"Hey, brother. You sure this is something you want to do?" asked the man as he looked at his friend.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 9:05 am

"Do what?" Jeff questioned. Because of his height he was just able to see the back of his friends head from where he was sitting, as it turned towards him.
"This? Like.. the whole demon thing whatever?" He didn't know the name for whatever this line of work was.

"I guess so." He kinda shrugged. "I didn't have anywhere else to go."
And if I died it's not like it'd matter. a small voice nagged in the back of his mind.
"Besides it looks fun I guess." It was half joke, and half seriousness. Jeff had always been obsessed with horror and creepy stories, and video games.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 11:30 pm

A small chuckle escaped the man for the first time in hours, though it felt like years given the situation. "Yeah. I guess it does seem a bit fun." replied the man as he took one more drag of the smoke and threw it to the pavement of the parking lot.

"Well whatever happens, I've got you're back, brother. Long as you've got mine." spoke the man as he gave his friend a reassuring pat on the shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 11:57 pm

"Damn right" Jeff said back confidently.
By the time the two had finished conversation Heartlock had rolled up to their car with the cart.

"You actually showed up." Heartlock gave a half sigh.
"So you are that dumb." He followed up, and began digging in the cart.

"Hey!" Jeff pointed a finger.
Then as he realized the situation they were in, with demon's actually being real, and them going to hunt them...
"ok... good point." He muttered.

"Yeah, that's what I though." Heartlock huffed as he pulled out bags of what appeared to be salt, as labeled by the large white letters on the dark bags.
"Well, I planned on it. I bought you two.... Starter kits." Heartlock had to search for the right word first.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 7:09 pm

"Starter kits?" asked Gunnar with a suspicious look. "Sounds like you're going to dump us off somewhere and carry on your way." added the younger man while pointing a cigarette wielding hand in Heartlock's direction.

"You knew I would show up. I've lost too much to these things already." spoke Gunnar quietly.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 7:36 pm

"Leave you?" The man gave a almost sick grin. "In a way. Yes. I am."

Jeff was taken a back a bit as he jumped out of the car. "Well fuck you too man." He protested.
Heartlock tossed one of the salt bags at Jeff, and it felt like a punch. "Oh jesus." Jeff squeezed out as he caught the thing. He never actually knew salt was so heavy.

"I'm not leaving you helpless though. You'll still call me, cause none of you know how to take out monsters." He tossed the second bag into the back of Gunnar's truck.
"That's why I bought you this stuff." He said as he leaned into the cart and pulled some coats and blankets off the bottom of the cart, to reveal a whole new layer of trinkets and items.
"Let's start with these." Out of the cart were two things Jeff did not expect to see. Two black and gray 1911 colts. He was gripping them by the barrel and handing them to Jeff and Gunnar.
"These are going to be carried on you always. Hunter made, so you know quality. Hopefully." He said the last word with a little tip of his head.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Eyeing the weapon suspiciously before taking, Gunnar expertly checked the weapon to ensure it was empty before letting the slide ring home and stuffing it at the back of his pants.

"What kind of ammo do these things use? I thought demons weren't hurt by normal means?" inquired the young man curiously.

As he waited for an answer he eyed the other items the man had brought them. Half of them he didn't understand or even know what they were. The few things he did know were the crosses hanging from rosary beads and 5 pointed star medallions. 'Seems like he hit the local Hot Topic' thought the man as he remembered that the local mall had the store in it with a few of the items there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunters or hunted
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Playground :: Role Plays :: Active RP's-
Jump to: