The Dark Playground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our little section of the world. We hope you're prepared for what we have in store.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunters or hunted

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 12:15 am

The world hidden behind the obvious. The world we have heard about in childhood stories and myths. What we don't know, is they are real. Almost all the stories, from every culture. But we've forgotten them. For years we've had the truth hidden, not because they have hidden from us, but because we shun the people who help us. We call them inhuman for what they do, when we forget what they are truly fighting, letting feelings and morals get in the way of what must be done.
Hunters they are call us. They have a whole society that they hide from us. And the monsters they hunt. We protect you.
And it is not a world I want to drag you into. It is a life I was forced to live. I will do anything, to stop you from having to go through the same thing.
Forget everything you've seen.

Name:

Name: Jeffrey Ackleman
Appearance: Hunters or hunted S_c_a_t_t_e_r_b_r_a_i_n_by_16121-d758xmvCredit to: 1 6 1 2 1
The hair is blond though.

Jeffrey knew that he would probably end up like this, but it didn't make it any less boring.
The school chair dug at his back awkwardly as he leaned backwards, his feet placed on the table, balancing on the two backlegs of the chair, and waiting for the teacher to arrive.
He could almost fall asleep here, Jeffrey had always had a talent for sleeping just about anywhere.
What he was most looking forward to was seeing his friend during the detention. He thought they both could agree it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 4:09 pm

Name: Gunnar Masonsson
Appearance: Hunters or hunted Metalh10
Credits to DonnaAnna

'This is bullshit.' was the only thought running through his head as he walked down the hall toward the detention room. Each step brought a thud from his heavy boots and one step closer to a wasted hour and a half of his life. The only thing that made up for it was the fact his closest friend was going to be in detention as well. Finally after what seemed like eternity, he walked through the door to find his friend Jeff sitting in one of the chairs already. Seeing there was no teacher in the room yet, his face split into a grin. "Hey brother! This is fucking bullshit." stated the man as he dropped heavily into the chair next to Jeffery and planted his boots on the desk.

Last edited by Fenix of Darkness on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thedarkplayground.rpg-board.net
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 4:23 pm

"Of course it's bullshit!" Jeffrey laughed back at his friend. "It's this place, what did you expect?"

Jeff thought of the very thing that made them come to the detention hall in the first place. "I'm just glad they aren't making us clean it up."

A slight wet slooping noise could be heard from down the hall. A janitor had his head down and was lazily mopping the floor.
Jeff slapped his Gunnar's arm lightly and pointed. "Bet he has to though."
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 4:30 pm

A laugh immediately left Gunnar's mouth. "That poor bastard." chortled the man. "Hey. You never told me where you found all those goats." commented Gunnar as he leaned back in his chair much like Jeff was with his arms behind his head.

Somewhere farther down the hall the sound of a goat could be heard as the animal control officer was leading it out. "I didn't think it would take them this long to catch them all."
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 11:14 am

Jeff shrugged "Well. It was late. No one was around. I had seeds."
Jeff held his breath for a second as he realized what he said. "God that sounds wrong."

As he let his breath out he inhaled and made a questioning look. He brought his feet down from the table and smelled the air. The Janitor was lazily sweeping the floor outside, not making eye contact, his greasy brown hair sticking to his head.
He kept walking again, going out of view from the door way.
"The fuck is that smell?" Jeff suddenly said. "The goats didn't smell like that."
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 1:58 pm

Another laugh escaped Gunnar's lips as his friend started talking about the goats. "No shit?" asked the man as he heard the question about the smell. Taking a long deep breath as his nose wrinkled at the smell. "I don't know, brother. It smells worse than that fucking time we went to that punk show downtown." commented the man as he saw the janitor.

"Hey! Quit with the sweeping and take care of whatever smells like death, won't ya?!" called the man as he lightly tapped Jeff on the arm, throwing his friend a grin.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 4:43 pm

The sound of the mopping outside could be heard at the boy's words.

"You're still on the clock." a dead pan voice sound harshly. There was silence in the hall, before slowly the wet mopping noise came back again.

"Oh shit. He's here now." Jeff sighed.

A man walked into the room. His hair was slightly graying even for his age and it was uncombed and ruffled. His brown suit was ruffled slightly at the edges.

"I already have such a busy work load before you TWO had to cause even more problems for me!" Mr. Heartlock growled angrily at the two boys, slamming down his text books onto his desk, a small leather bound book onto. He sat down on his chair in a huff, as it creaked below him.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:00 pm

Gunnar had never been one to back down from the teachers in the school. "You could always let us. You know. Get the fuck out of here!" shot the man as he leaned farther back in the chair with his boots still on the desk. "Ain't that right, Jeff?" asked Gunnar as his face split into a smirk.

Nose still wrinkling at the smell that reminded the man of the 4th of July after fireworks. "Can someone get that shitty smell taken care of?" demanded Gunnar.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:08 pm

"Oh believe me Mr. Masonsson, if you want to leave, the door is right there. I don't need to deal with you right now. But it's not my decision. If you leave you will not graduate. If you fail to attend any of the next week of detention you will not graduate from this school. But.. Be my guest and get out if you want to." Mr. Heartlock instantly shot back at the teen. He was on edge almost, with bags under his eyes he was not ready to take any of Gunnar's shit today.

Jeffrey made a small "ha" noise as he looked at his friend.
His face showed a mixture of surprise and acceptance of their punishment. " 'ucking alright then." He made a small voice on the opinion.

"And as for that smell.... I've been trying to get ride of it for a while. It's not leaving." Mr.Heartlock's eyes flicked quickly to the door way for half a second then went back to his desk.
"Anymore questions?" His voice dripped with sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:12 pm

Gunnar had unintentionally worked at getting his reputation as an asshole who would break someone's arm for looking at him wrong. He long decided that if you're good at something, stick with it. "Yeah. Just one more. Can that stick go any farther up your ass, old man?" asked the man before crossing his arms over his chest in silent acceptance of the fact he was stuck in this room everyday for a week.

Leaning his head back, he stared at the ceiling through half closed eyes. He was going to fall asleep and he knew it. So long as Heartlock didn't try to keep them awake, he was fine.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:19 pm

"Always had to have the last word." Mr. Heartlock said under his breath.
He adjusted himself on his seat repeatedly, unable to sit still and stay comfortable.

"You two will stay here for the next hour and a half here. DO work or sleep I don't care." His voice was annoyed.
"Either way this-"
There was a clatter of wood hitting porcelain. Mr.Heartlock stopped moving completely, his eyes stuck on the far end of the room staring into space.
There was a uncomfortable silence.
"Either way." He finally came back. "Be quiet."

There was a snicker from Jeff. "Wonder if the janitor slipped." He said under his breath.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:22 pm

"Way ahead of you, grandpa." replied Gunnar as his eyes started to close some more before the sound of wood against tile brought him back to the present. Contrary to what most people thought, the sound of a handle clattering on porcelain was irritatingly loud.

Glancing over at Jeff with one eye open, he grinned again. "Maybe. Hope the poor guy didn't break a hip." replied Gunnar with his continued grin.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:27 pm

"He didn't look that old." Jeff said with a half smile. The smile almost faded away though. He had realized something. Jeff and Gunnar knew the Janitors, they worked with them a lot for making up with detentions. " In fact... He.... He didn't look like any of the janitors."

Mr.Heartlock at his desk stopped reading his small book. His body was the same but his eyes stayed still, listening to what Jeff was saying.

"Janitors don't get subs do they?" Jeff turned and asked Gunnar.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:31 pm

Thinking on Jeff's question, he tried to remember the walk through the halls to the detention room. "No... I don't think they do. The old timer was here earlier... He always works the night shift." spoke Gunnar slowly as he continued to try and think. "This is my first time I've ever seen this guy." added the man.

His own grin had faded as he thought about it. Glancing over at Mr. Heartlock before turning his gaze back to Jeff. "You think they fired the night guy?"
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:37 pm

"No way. That guy has been working here since my old man went to school here. Can't fire a guy who's worked that long. Wonder where the old guy is?" Jeff tilted his head to the side a thought to himself. It really shouldn't bother him but it kinda did.

".... You two."
The voice from behind the teacher desk interrupted them. Mr.Heartlock had his jaw clenched and his face set in determination. "Go. Get out." His head flicked to the door way.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:41 pm

Jeff's words were starting to make Gunnar feel uneasy. "Yeah. Same with my old man." spoke the man as he heard Heartlock tell them to get out. He was feeling too uneasy to bother giving the man any more flak. "Alright. Come on Jeff. Free... Free pass." was all Gunnar said as he let the chair flop back on all four legs before standing and jamming his hands in his pockets.

A short nod toward the door at his friend was all he really said before slowly ambling toward it. "What's going on, Old man?"
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:48 pm

"Wrong day. Come in tomorrow." Mr. Heartlock was half stuttering. HIs hand grabbed his leather book and adjusted his belt. He almost shot out of his seat quickly, the chair making a slight clanking noise as it hit the wall behind the desk.
"I'll... Walk you out. The lights go out after hours. Hard to see."

Jeff watched the teacher walk towards the door before the two of them.
He looked at Gunnar and waved a hand at their teacher mouthing "What the fuck" silently.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:53 pm

He gazed at the teacher with a look of confusion before looking back at Jeff with the same confused look on his face as he shrugged his shoulder and mouthed "I have no idea." back at his friend. Regardless of his confusion, there was an unease forming in his gut from the way the teacher was acting, causing him to fall in behind him as he started to follow the man.

He fell back a bit to walk next to Jeff. "What the fucks up with him?" whispered Gunnar.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 2:35 pm

Jeff kicked up his heels to pick up with Gunnar and Mr.Heartlock, the three of them making footsteps echo through the halls.
Mr.Heartlock was walking smoothly his feet, he was running his hand through his hair constantly.

"How the fuck would I know?" Jeff shrugged.
He looked around, listening to the sounds of their footsteps. "It's quiet." Jeff said, his voice carrying through the empty halls.
Jeff looked at Gunnar with a questioning look.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Now that it had been mentioned, he noticed it as well. The sounds of the mop weren't echoing down the hallway. In fact there were no sounds of the mop for that matter. "Yeah... Where did the janitor go?" asked the man as his eyes swept the hallways they passed.

"This is fucking creepy. You feel like someone's watching you?" asked Gunnar as he looked over at Jeff.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 2:50 pm

"Oh no." Jeff's head snapped to attention. Mr. Heatlock's was in front of them, Jeff couldn't see his face, but no doubt it was one of disappointment and horror.
Mr. Heartlock began walking backwards step by step, and a figure followed him.
The janitor walked around the corner, his eyes locked onto the teacher.

"You're not suppose to be here." Mr. Heartlock said, his voice trying to mask terror with anger.
"Oh I know." The janitor said back in a... with a lack of words to describe it, a greasy voice.

Mr. Heartlock looked over his shoulders quickly, seeing his students.
"Go. To the gym. Get out through the storage." His voice was quick and hushed.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 2:56 pm

Gunnar had oddly been able to adjust to darkness a bit quicker than others since he had a traumatic head injury while snowboarding a few years back. The doctors said something about the ocular nerve being shifted enough causing the more efficient adjustment. Gunnar could see the janitor over Mr. Heartlock's shoulder.

Hearing the voice made his skin crawl for a reason he couldn't identify. Hearing them get told to leave through the gym, he stared at Heartlock. "Not until you tell us what the fuck is going on!" resisted the man as he stared daggers between Heartlock and the janitor.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:04 pm

"Fuck off kid." The voice of the janitor cut through the air sharply. "I'm not here for you. You're just in the cross fire."
"I won't let you take them." Mr.Heartlock lost all fear in his voice, actually stepping towards the man. "They're leaving."

"No can do, friend." The way the man said friend, felt like razors were crawling up Jeff's spine. "Every door is locked tight." The janitor held up a key ring with about 70 keys jingling on it.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:16 pm

"What the fuck is going on?!" demanded Gunnar as he all but yelled the question. It was his defense mechanism to deal with fear. He became more defensive, hostile, and all around irritable. Glancing back at Jeff, he wondered if the two of them could make a run for it. There was no way he could of locked every door.

"Hey, brother. If he's new, there's no way in hell he knows about all the doors. No one knows this place as well as us." whispered Gunnar.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 10:57 pm

"Silence the boy or I will." The janitor said his voice flat and cold.

"Gunnar if it was ever a time to shut up it would be right fucking now." Mr.Heartlock hissed angrily. His hand was touching the back of his belt, most would think of it as a sign of worry. But Jeff saw where his hand was. A silver flask, one used for whiskey. Mr.Heartlock was unscrewing the top.

The janitor was walking forward in a casual slow stroll, taking all the time in the world, looking relaxed. Mr. Heartlock was stepping backwards just as slow, his body forcing Jeff and Gunnar to move back if his friend wasn't too stubborn.
"Let's make a deal. Something to secure their safety?" Mr. Heartlock questioned the man.
Jeff had his knife in his pocket, and he could see no obvious weapon on the janitor.
"No deals. I came here for one thing." The janitor hissed back. Hissed. His voice actually hissed his words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunters or hunted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunters or hunted
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Playground :: Role Plays :: Active RP's-
Jump to: