The Dark Playground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our little section of the world. We hope you're prepared for what we have in store.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunters or hunted

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

Hunters or hunted - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 2:59 am

Annabel looked at Gunnar and her smile almost seemed to grow bigger. She hadn't put the lighter out yet, and her face looked elongated in the light.
"Nice to see you again." Her voice sounded slightly off. "Right?"

Her pupils grew larger until they covered her entire eyes, making the pitch black.
"Boo."

The lighter went out as her words blew enough hair to suffocate the flame, the cigaret dropped to the floor.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:02 am

Gunnar watched with growing concern until he saw the black eyes. The same black eyes he had seen on the Janitor not an hour before. "What the fuck?!" yelled the man as he scrambled backwards through the darkness until he felt the floor rush to meet him. Rolling out of it, he barreled in the direction of his door, slamming a shoulder into the frame of the entrance.

'Shotgun!' screamed his mind as he ran down the stairs toward the front door. Moonlight was starting to shine into the house from the open windows.
Back to top Go down
https://thedarkplayground.rpg-board.net
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:06 am

"Don't run away from a girl!" She screamed from the bed room behind him. "Do you know how insulting that is!?"

She ran out into the hall way and watched as he ran towards the door.
"Your teacher isn't here now. What are you gonna do now huh?" She called from the floor above.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:10 am

Sliding to a stop in front of the door, he started pulling on the handle. Much to his dismay, it wouldn't budge. 'Pull it together. What would dad think?' thought Gunnar as he turned and looked up the stairs at Annabel. Or at least her body. "What did you do to Bel?!" demanded Gunnar as he reached to the back of his belt for the karambit. Something to at least threaten with.

Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:15 am

The woman was standing at the top of the stair way. "You're a little late lover boy." She said. Annabel pulled her thin leather jacket and opened it up. Her shirt was damp and dark near her chest. "About seven minutes and 37 seconds ago her heart stopped beating. At least it should have."

"Though I got to say, she feels good." The woman walked down the steps slowly, looking half sexual and half menacing. "Not like that disgusting janitor. Besides, walking around with a broken neck is annoying. At least a stab wound can be ignored." She muttered.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:20 am

His brain didn't register the blood with what the demon was saying for a few seconds. "No! You're lying!" screamed the man as he pulled the karambit from his belt. "Why us?! We never did anything to you!" yelled the man as he continued to back up, trying to think of another way out of the house that would allow him to get to the van.

Backing through the kitchen, he saw his mother had been baking him a cake for the birthday. He wasn't paying attention as he knocked over the jar of salt, sending it across the floor.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:12 pm

The woman pressed a hand to her chest and pulled it away to show the blood coated it. "I might be but this isn't."

"You never did anything?" She growled. "You have forced us out of a world we deserve. But you're no different then us! You wormy, scum of scum and fleshy meat sacks!" She was yelling at him, her eyes black again reflecting the faint light from the moon.
The salt spilled across the floor, coating the ground perfectly making it pure white.
Annabel gasped and stepped back, her eyes going back to normal as she stared at the ground. She had a worried expression on her face.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:23 pm

"I didn't know any of you existed until today! You fucker! Let her go!" yelled Gunnar as he held the Karambit in a defensive grip when he noticed the demon halt at the salt. His mind shot back to the shotgun which was loaded with rock salt in the back of the van. "Annabel. If your in there. If you're holding on just a little. I want you to know I'm sorry and that I love you." said Gunnar solemnly before sprinting toward the back door.

He didn't even try to open it as he barreled through it with his full weight breaking the door in half. Sliding into the back yard, he shot down the side of the house toward the van. He didn't even turn to look behind him as he pulled the back door of the van open with a loud creak and grabbed the shotgun from underneath the blanket.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Laughter. The woman was laughing harshly. She hadn't expected the man to run through the door though. Her powers could keep the door closed but she couldn't stop him from barreling through it.

"Son of a bitch." She muttered.
Annabel spat at the salt on the ground before she turned around, making her way towards the front door. She waved her hand open and it swung open.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 4:27 pm

In the time it took for the demon to get to the front door, Gunnar had set up and taken a knee directly in front of it. When the door swung open, he made eye contact with the demon as he held the leveled shotgun directly at chest level. "Go back to hell you bitch." spat the man before he squeezed the trigger and launched an entire shell of rock salt at the demon's chest.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 9:41 am

Before the woman could react she received the force of the shotgun to the chest and was flattened onto her back.
She was coughing loud enough to rattle her own teeth. Something black, was dripping out the corner of her mouth.
"How did you... Do you know what happens if I leave this body?!" She yelled at him, but her voice was scratching horribly, and the corner of her mouth was stained black.
Her eyes were odd. They were shaking, the black trying to cover the eye but it kept fading back.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 3:01 pm

Sliding the shotgun's pump to eject the spent shell from the chamber, he slammed it forward to load a new shell from the magazine tube. "I've got a pretty good idea what will happen. Bel would rather be dead than possessed by a fucking leech like you." replied Gunnar coldly as he stepped over Bel's body and put another shell of rock salt into her stomach.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 3:47 pm

"AUUUUGH!" The woman screamed but it sounded more beast like. Black liquid dripped from her mouth but evaporated quickly without leaving a trail.
A large trail of black smoke forced it's way out of her mouth, but it wasn't like at the school. It was slower instead of shooting out of a cork of champagne bottle.

It left out the front door and took off into the sky.

The woman's body feel to the floor unmoving after the thing inside her left
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Letting the shotgun fall from his hand after the last of the smoke left Annabel's body, the man dropped to his knees next to her. Cradling her body in his arms, he attempted to shake the woman. "Bel. Come on Bel. Don't do this to me. Wake up." said the man as he started to become more hysterical. Finally he used to fingers to feel for a pulse at her neck.

Before his hand made contact, he already knew what the call would be. There was no pulse as her skin was beginning to take the bloodless pale shade while it lost body temperature. "Bel... I'm sorry...." choked the man as tears started to run down his face.

Looking around the neighborhood, he was surprised there was no one looking out of windows or standing in the street trying to figure out where the shots had come from. He could hear no sirens either. The police hadn't been called. Pulling her body into the house as gently as he could, he quickly found a dark sheet and wrapped it around Annabel's corpse and carried it to his van as carefully as he could. Shotgun gripped in one hand, along with as much salt as he could find in the house in a bag hanging from his shoulder.

Putting the body of his lover into the back of the van, he closed the door with red eyes and climbed into the driver seat. Pulling his cell phone out of his pocket, he dialed Jeff's house phone, waiting for his friend to answer. When he finally did all he said was "Get your shit together. I'll be there in ten." before hanging up the phone and throwing it on the passenger seat.

He arrived at Jeff's house five minutes later, getting out of the van and waiting by the back doors.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Jeff had no time to question what the hell his friend wanted before he hung out.
"Dick" Jeff said only half meaning it.

Jeff looked at the game he was playing and sighed putting down the controller. He looked at his hand which there was no more blood, but the mark was still there. He didn't want to worry his friend with his bad habit. So Jeff picked up a pair of fighters tape and began wrapping it around his hand like he was ready for a fight. He had a few of these, so he cut it off and tied it in place before it got to thick. Now it looks like stuff you see in movies, not thick for fighting, but it looked pretty cool.
Jeff grabbed his phone and his knife and walked down the stairs playing with the knife, as he grabbed a pair of headphones from the front hall, and put them on, plugging it into his phone.

He locked the front door and walked into the kitchen as he knew they always met at the back.
Before he went to the back door though, he stopped and opened the fridge. Inside was two sticks of meat. He shrugged as his fathers cooking was bland, but meat was meat. He grabbed the two sticks and began eating it, and decided to save the other stick for his friend.

He opened the back door and was surprised his friend was already there.
"The fuck man? You're fast today. What's up, is Cristo having two for one sale on burgers?" He laughed a bit.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Watching as his friend walked out of the house and to the van, questioning if their favorite burger joint was having a sale. Still red eyed with tear marks streaking his face, he grabbed the latch of the back door and pulled open one side. The side that held Annabel's corpse. Before his friend could even question what the wrapped body was, he pulled back the sheet covering her face. The black goo still hung from her lips and the stab wound to her heart was visible before Gunnar covered her again.

"The demon got her. I.... I tried to save her. But the demon had already killed her...." explained Gunnar as he started to tear up before his anger started to take over. Opening and closing his right fist being the first indication.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:09 pm

"Whoa d..." Jeff was staring at the covered body.
"Du... I... What the hell?" Jeff was completely stunned with no idea how to help his friend.

He couldn't think of anything for the longest time.
He just sat there with the meat stick he had saved for Gunnar hanging in his hand.

"W... what are...you gonna do man?"
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Closing the back door of the van and turning to look at his friend as he dug a cigarette out of his pocket and lit it. "I'm gonna find Heartlock. Make him teach me how to kill them. Then I'm going to kill every single one I find." answered the man as he released a cloud of smoke from his lungs.

"I'm not gonna ask you to go with me. But I would feel much better knowing you were watching my back." spoke Gunnar as he lightly smacked his closest friend on the arm. ".... Hell of a birthday..." mumbled the man.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:25 pm

Jeff didn't say anything at first. But it brought up what he was thinking earlier. Jeff had had some.... thoughts before. And the idea of hunting down demons, instead of where he was now would probably be... better. A lot better.

"Yeah. I'll come with you. I mean, I saw that.. world tonight. Why bother going back to my own? Not much to go back to." He said shrugging. He didn't want to sound not caring about this, as what Gunnar just went through, but he was 100% on the idea. Without hesitation.

"Oh..." He said at the last part. He had forgot about his friends birthday. Jeff had a really bad way of dealing with bad situations as he mostly made jokes off of it.
Jeff held out the stick of meat to his friend. "Uhh.... Happy birthday." He said shaking the thing a bit.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Nodding his thanks as he took the stick of meat, he took a bite of it and chewed on it thoughtfully. "Thank you, brother. I truly mean that." spoke Gunnar after he swallowed the first bite and took another. "Your old man's cooking?" asked Gunnar as he waggled the stick. "Come on. Let's go find him." spoke Gunnar with a finality as he pulled open the driver side door and pulled himself into the van.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:40 pm

Jeff just kinda nodded a bit as he leaned by the car with his friend. He didn't know why he was able to just take these things in stride. Besides from a few things, his hand twitched subconsciously under the tape, he was eerily calm and normal about this. He tried to argue that he just played so many video games and watched so many movies.

"Yep" He said in response to his friends speculation. "He has a special way to make everything taste like shit." This wasn't completely true but to Jeff he hated the food not for what it tasted but where it came from. In reality, his fathers food was just bland.

Jeff tossed the stick on the ground with a little bit of meat left on. "Well, I have an idea." He said as he went into the passenger side instead of the back where he normally went.
"He looked packed to go. I think he's leaving town. Think we could get him before he leaves, if he hasn't yet." He suggested.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:30 pm

Starting the van before he threw what was left of the stick out of the driver's window, he nodded to his friend. "Alright. Let's see if we can't find him." spoke the man as he put the vehicle in drive and started down the road. It took everything he had to not glance back at the body in the back, and so he kept his eyes firmly locked on the road and what was ahead of him.

"If you were leaving town. Where would you go first?" asked Gunnar as he looked over at his friend with a raised eyebrow. He had long mastered the task of driving with only his peripheral vision.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:34 pm

Jeff didn't look back as well. He thought it might be disrespectful. Which he normally wouldn't care, but it was Bel.

"Uhh... supplies maybe." He thought off the top of his head. "You know, food, gas, water." He suggested. Jeff had thought about skipping town a few times but he never really had a way to do it.
"Maybe he'd want to replace his gun." Jeff said remembering Gunnar had took the man's weapon.
Back to top Go down
Fenix of Darkness
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Fenix of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Nodding in reply, he turned toward the gas station. Perks of living in a relatively small town was that there were few places someone could go without being found in a few minutes. Sure enough as they turned the corner toward the station, he saw the familiar shape of the teacher's car. "There he is." observed Gunnar as he pointed at the man walking out of the gas station.

The van crawled into the parking lot and stopped right behind Heartlock's vehicle. Gunnar didn't even wait for Jeff as he jumped out of the vehicle and bee lined right for the man. "Going somewhere?" asked Gunnar coldly.
Back to top Go down
Hangingtree
Owner
Owner
Hangingtree

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 pm

"Buying food at a gas station? How is he not fat?" Jeff shook his head a bit.

"Alright guess- whoa dude what the fuck?" He didn't finish his sentence before his friend was out of the car already.
"God damn it Gunnar!" He said as he struggled with his door and got out the other side.

Mr.Heartlock had just finished throwing some items into his back seat as he heard the words and looked up.
"I told you to forget about me." The man said shaking his head. "What more do you want?" He sighed at his ex-student.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunters or hunted   Hunters or hunted - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunters or hunted
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Playground :: Role Plays :: Active RP's-
Jump to: